The goals for the Learning Technology SIG are to:
Create a CEdMA members’ technology map of what applications members have in place for:
- Virtual training platform
- Content development applications
- Virtual lab exercise environment
- Order processing/revenue management platform
- Certification exam delivery platform
- Social collaboration platform
- Gamification engine
- eBook providers/print providers
- Credit card processing
Create a solutions library with information about each vendor/platform:
- Description of each application
- Recorded vendor presentation
- Member submitted pros/cons for each application
- Member experience stories about applications/vendors/implementation projects
Exchange experiences and best practices in the SIG
The Education industry has been in a state of constant change over the last decade and technology is an integral part of almost every transformation we see in the field. CEdMA as an organization of education leaders has an incredible wealth of knowledge that is being shared between its members, but today it is often quite difficult to retrieve this knowledge regarding learning technology.
When you are looking to evaluate a new learning technology platform, in many cases other members of CEdMA already use this platform or sometimes competing systems with even better benefits. But how can you access that knowledge? Better than sending out an email to everybody when you are looking for a specific application and relying on members to be able to spend time on a response just then, is to proactively collect information upfront about who is using what applications and their experience with it.
And that is what we are aiming to do with this SIG:
- Create a map of which applications CEdMA member companies are using:
LMS - Virtual training platform - LCMS - Content development applications - Virtual lab exercise environment - Order processing / revenue management platform - Certification exam delivery platform - Social collaboration platform - Gamification engine - eBook providers / print providers - Credit card processor
- Schedule sessions to showcase systems and implementation user stories:
Being able to find out who is using what platform and how much they like it or not is great, but what if the information about new and innovative systems comes to you! During scheduled SIG sessions we want to have members showcase their systems and implementation stories so you can also learn about tools that have not crossed your path, and about how they allow us to do business in a better or more efficient way.
Let’s make this a “can’t-do-without-it-SIG”!